Monday, September 19, 2011

Homemade All-Purpose Cleaner

The creamy pesto went terribly wrong. Sorry for getting your hopes up, Jon and Abbey. :)

For now, I'm going to share with you one of my favorite frugal recipes: All-Purpose Cleaner, provided by one of my frugal heroes, Amy Dacyczyn.

Save up some store-bought cleaning solution bottles and go to town:

1/2 cup ammonia
1/3 cup vinegar
2 Tbsp baking soda
1 gallon water

Mix it all up in a bucket and pour it into spray bottles. I also like to add a few drops of home fragrance oil. I had this on hand (from Bath & Body Works). It smells like heaven.
Heaven that's practically free. And makes me smile while I disinfect my counter tops.

Let me know if you end up making some (and if you like it).

2 comments:

Abbey said...

Oh Jon will be so sad. He won't be able to marry you anymore. :) When I told him you were going to post the dressing recipe he said, "If she does & its good, I'm marrying her."

Erin said...

Haha! That seriously made me lol. Tell him I'm gonna hold him to it when I get the recipe right! :) Does that mean you and Scout will be tying the knot? Chuckle, chuckle.