Monday, September 19, 2011

Homemade All-Purpose Cleaner

The creamy pesto went terribly wrong. Sorry for getting your hopes up, Jon and Abbey. :)

For now, I'm going to share with you one of my favorite frugal recipes: All-Purpose Cleaner, provided by one of my frugal heroes, Amy Dacyczyn.

Save up some store-bought cleaning solution bottles and go to town:

1/2 cup ammonia
1/3 cup vinegar
2 Tbsp baking soda
1 gallon water

Mix it all up in a bucket and pour it into spray bottles. I also like to add a few drops of home fragrance oil. I had this on hand (from Bath & Body Works). It smells like heaven.
Heaven that's practically free. And makes me smile while I disinfect my counter tops.

Let me know if you end up making some (and if you like it).


Abbey said...

Oh Jon will be so sad. He won't be able to marry you anymore. :) When I told him you were going to post the dressing recipe he said, "If she does & its good, I'm marrying her."

Erin said...

Haha! That seriously made me lol. Tell him I'm gonna hold him to it when I get the recipe right! :) Does that mean you and Scout will be tying the knot? Chuckle, chuckle.